You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem printing in Publisher

Designing a small book format.

When I go to print, to check book layout, pages 4,5 do not print what has been designed.  I have changed print settings, I have redone the pages, and double checked the Master assigned to this page.  No luck. At first I thought that I had assigned something to that designed page, but when I moved a different page into the 4,5 page location the same print problem showed up again.  So, something weird is happening in the 4,5 page location.

Any suggestions.

If I export as PDF I can print off the PDF perfectly, so the problem lies within Publisher.

Thanks,

Hi,

Just some thoughts on troubleshooting. I have had a picture missing before when I wanted to print and the trouble was a white shape over it, that I forgot was there. On another occasion, another picture that has a white area overlapped. Is there something in your layer panel that could be causing a problem? Try turning the visible icons on and off to see if anything appears or disappears. Hierarchy, in the layers panel - something higher up is hiding your objects.

However, the fact that the PDF works fine suggests these might not help.

Another thought, is have you tried deleting pages 4 and 5 so that anything on it is removed then inserting new pages to redo the design? You can drag the new pages into the correct location.

Stokerg,

Tried your suggestion, no luck.

What are you seeing when you print?  Check the page/s layout for 4,5 & see then check what you actually print out.

The pages I want to print (as a book, 2 pages, on one sheet of paper) appear as designed in the pages layout, but appear different on the print screen.  It seems to be drawing in a design from the previous pages.

Silver06

Thanks for your input, I have deleted, moved other pages, and designed new, all in the 4,5 pages location, and still have the printing issue.  I have also noticed that occasionally I have had the same printing issue in other page locations but can click in and out and all goes back correctly.

The print screen for 4,5 does not correctly show what my design is for pages 4,5.  The printer will print out exactly what the print screen shows.