You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP 1.8.1 is not being nice to me

Several years ago I created a watermark brush and I was very pleased with the result.  I was able to change size, opacity and color.  Since 1.8.1, I can still change size and opacity, but I can no longer change color (black to white) regardless of what I do the watermark is black.  If I go to the color tab and select the white circle and then paint the watermark on the image, the resulting watermark is still black.  Blend mode is set to normal.  There is a little circle just to the lower left of the color selection and it has a red diagonal line through it and no matter what I push, the red diagonal does not go away.  

Bottom line, after several years of satisfactory performance, I am now unable to change the color of the brush.

• Staff

Hi Big_Stan :)

I'm very sorry to hear this! Could you please provide a screenshot of the Affinity App with your brush tool selected, the context toolbar & Colour Studio showing? Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for that! It certainly seems as though all your settings are correct, so this may be brush-specific. Could you please export the brush category with this brush and attach this here? Many thanks :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thank you Dan, I was beginning to think that my brain slipped a cog.

Do you mean Intensity Brush vs Image Brush?  Since it previously work for 3 years with no problem, I cannot image how it changed to an Image Brush.

Where do I find the brush category information?

• Staff

My sincerest apologies for the delayed reply here - I'm very glad to hear this issue isn't present with your new brush.  Do you by chance still have access to the brush that stopped working? It would be useful for me to have as a test for further investigation :)

I don't specifically need to know the type of brush, but if you could export the brush category that contains the broken brush and upload this file here, that would be very helpful. The following video shows how to install brushes, the same procedure is used to export (selecting the relevant menu option)

https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/designer/desktop/video/301817868

I appreciate this is a tutorial for Designer, but the same steps can be applied to Affinity Photo!

Please note -

Many thanks!