You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Affinity Forum, 

I love you software and bought it. From time to time I frequently run into problems with Affinity Photo or Designer. This time I have an issue with affinity photo:

So I wanted to import a .tga file, unfortunately it doesn't show up correctly as it seems. Here I created an image to show my problem with this file -> Part.tga:

1. How it looks in IrfanView
2. How it looks in photoshop
3. How it looks in affinity photo

VergleichTGA.thumb.png.14fbe7d03f0adc01334bfebf9724974c.png 

My first thought was, that this must be some sort of import bug, or just the channel setting from Affinity. Therefore I tried around with channel selection and visibility of it.
Then I saved the file in affinity, exported it again as tga file. The new saved tga file show up wrong, like it did in affinity photo, in every application, like irfanview, photoshop and affinity photo.
That way I know that the file itself got changed by affinity through the import/export and that it wasn't a fault of channel appearance.

Is anyone here who can say me what might be my problem with it, and maybe a way how to fix it? There is a way around I guess,. but therefore I always have to use different programs next to affinity.
The only way I found right now is to save the .tga as .png and then load it up in affinity photo. That way it seems to show up like it does in photoshop.

Unfortunately it feels like a downside of affinity that I always have to think whether the file is displayed correctly or not while working on it.. The file is part of a game texture.

Thanks in advance
Dignity

PS: Yee I know that part looks really unimportant xD it just shows the edges of the part which gets colored on the skin,.
       therefore its important that the file show up in affinity photo like I can see it in irfanview or photoshop.
       So, the white shape is the important part of this file.

Edited by Dignity

• 2 weeks later...