You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo: resizable crop-to-size tool

It seems like no one but Photoshop offers a crop-to-size tool that is resizable.

By this, I mean this workflow:

1. you need some photos at 400px by 900px at 72dpi
  2. you set the crop tool to this
  3. the crop tool jumps to this size
  4. you can now drag to reposition and resize the crop tool to control how much of the image gets cropped into 400x900

The #4 is the part.  This allows me to not just choose a part of the photo that's already 400x900, but to improve composition I can enlarge the crop rectangle and the resulting image will have that area cropped and resized to what I have set.

• 3 weeks later...

All thumbs up for this feature request - I do not understand why this is not a standard feature... 

A workaround is to crop in the ratio of 400x900 first and then do the scaling to 400x900px afterwards. But doing this in two steps is really annyoing. Photoshop is really straightforward in this matter.

Apart from that: compliments! great software.

• 6 months later...

It seems like no one but Photoshop offers a crop-to-size tool that is resizable.

By this, I mean this workflow:

• you need some photos at 400px by 900px at 72dpi
  • you set the crop tool to this
  • the crop tool jumps to this size
  • you can now drag to reposition and resize the crop tool to control how much of the image gets cropped into 400x900
The #4 is the part.  This allows me to not just choose a part of the photo that's already 400x900, but to improve composition I can enlarge the crop rectangle and the resulting image will have that area cropped and resized to what I have set.

Yeah. Affinity is so great (only discovered Italy week) but I am missing this feature. Btw, the other program beside PS that will do this is Photos in Mac OSX...