You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[619rc] Text not selectable in X4 pdf output

Just tried beta 603 and with an export of a cmyk doc, I noticed that a lot of the text is not selectable in the pdf. However, oddly things like paragraph sub headers and some freestanding text is selectable. 

This is the previously uploaded  file "Clean Water 2019 - FW - 4pg - CMYK -b584_x4.afpub" that we were having other issues with before (missing graphics in export). 

Settings for the x4 output in screenshot. In the 2nd screenshot, you can see that I can select the para header but not the body text. I can also select text frame over the pic as well as the main page headline and subheader. Same for all pages of this 4-pg doc. I also do not see anything in the Text Style for the body copy that would affect pdf output or cmyk. The text is all coming out as overprint k, so no difference between what is selectable and what is not.

Screen_Shot_2020-03-07_at_4_29.51_PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 4.35.33 PM.png

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

6 hours ago, Jon P said:

I will poke this but am curious if you see any difference to 1.8.1?

Same results with 1.8.1 and the newest beta.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

• Staff

I can only find a b556 version of your file, so if you want to upload it again here it might help. I can't reproduce it with that file however, can you also upload the exported PDF?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Uploaded a version with all embedded resources. Original file was created in 1.7.3. This version was opened in the latest beta 603, then saved and exported. PDF x4 output file also uploaded. Cannot select in either Preview or Acrobat Pro. No problem with any other pdf. Can also export the rgb version of this same doc in pdf dig small with no issues. 

I also just did a reset of export presets on the beta, but that did not resolve the issue.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Not resolved in RC619.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.