Flaz

[Fixed] Colour profile not added or changed

Hi, when I save with export persona as jpeg or tiff cmyk and add a colour profile in Affinity Photo file is saved right in cmyk but without colour profile (also with check "embed ICC profile") :(

When I reopen this file with Affinity Photo the assistant assigns the working profile for 'unprofiled document'.

I tried also to assign the profile Fogra 39 to a CMYK image and export it through File - Export: this time the profile is added!! .. but image is reverted to RGB with sRGB profile!! What's wrong? Thanks

edit: I tried several times also with new documents but no way to export with colour profile except sRGB

The only way I found to convert to cmyk and embed right colour profile is to reopen the image saved first time (with sRGB profile) convert to cmyk with right profile and then "save" from menu, not exporting or using export persona, just overwriting file.  I'd appreciate a feedback, thank you!

Hiya, apologies for the delay!

I have reproduced and logged the issue of not being able to embed icc profiles in exported cmyk jpegs, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I'm having the same problem exporting an sRGB jpg. I've checked all the right boxes but the file ends up with no color profile

Hey guys!

Don’t know if this is the right thread, but I’ve got a similar problem, if not the same I think.

I’m using the official eciRGB v2 standard as my RGB profile. But if I export via the persona and

leave the ICC profile selection on »Use document profile« it seems like it’s just ignoring

the profile completely, resulting in a discoloured export with some general RGB profile assigned.  :(

Selecting the eciRGB v2 profile directly in the dropdown works totally fine though.

I'd attach the profile so you can check on that, but the uploader won't allow me to.

I downloaded it from eco.org – like every profile I use.

Greetings

Dennis  ;)

MrDoodlezz Behance Profile

Hmmm … this »bug« is still present in the latest beta release for both apps.  :(

It hink this is very important for production when exporting lots of icons,

so I wanted to push this to the top again.

Can anybody state if this will be corrected in the next official release?

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks for answering – even on a Sunday, Dave!

Good to know work is underway.  ^_^

I think the bug also applies to the File ➜ Export… dialog, at least the »embed ICC profile« part there is a bit wibbly wobbly, too.

I tried also to assign the profile Fogra 39 to a CMYK image and export it through File - Export: this time the profile is added!! .. but image is reverted to RGB with sRGB profile!! What's wrong? Thanks

Part of the problem here is that the JPEG supports both CMYK and RGB, and the export lets you pick which colour space to use, and doesn't have an option for "As document". It has that for the colour profile but not the colour space. It then defaults to RGB, so CMYK documents end up as RGB JPEGs unless you change the default. It's very error prone. It should be better in the next beta.