You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to save document save failed to internal error

• Staff

Hi @Ricky James - do you possibly have the original of that file somehow so that we could get a copy of it and look into this? I've seen this problem mentioned in the last 24 hours by someone else but their file had been lost :( We have found a problem with documents created from the 'Architectural' document presets that would show itself in the same way as this, but it looks like you had probably been working on this file (perhaps opening it and working on it, then going to save?) so I'm guessing yours must be a different issue? Any information you can offer about what you'd recently done might help too? I'm really sorry about this - but thanks for your help! :)

Matt

• Staff

Thanks Ricky - so, first thing's first... Try this: 

Go to the menu and find 'View' -> 'Studio' and click 'Snapshots'

Now go to the Snapshots studio and click 'Add Snapshot' (2nd icon from the top left of that panel)

Now select that Snapshot and click 'New document from snapshot' (the top right button in that panel)

Does it let you save the document now?

I recall that when I opened  affinity designer today that were where document set ups that I had not noticed before , I do recall template and architectural where in that page set up , I dont recall how I got my default doc size to appear, 8.5 x 11 . 

• Staff
4 hours ago, BPf said:

Did some more testing:

• when creating a new file straight from a template, I can save it
  • the files I have problems with were created from modifications on a template (ArchE)

Hi @BPf,

There is a known bug which shows itself as a failure to save any new document that started from the 'Architectural' presets type. Just choose *any* other type of document for now... The Beta already fixes this and the official release of 1.8.2 is not far away at all. I'm sorry you're experiencing this in the meantime :( 

Thanks,

Matt

• Staff
6 minutes ago, BPf said:

Thank you for the feedback - I'll try to work around this until the fix is out

Yes, just grab the Beta and carry on as before, or simply use a different preset type and you shouldn't have the issue at all :)

• 1 month later...

I'm having this same problem and I'm on 1.8.3, latest release as of now.  I was saving the document fine until I made some new edits and tried to Save As... a new file name. The filename appears after this error with a size of 0 bytes.  "File failed to save due to internal error."  I did not start from an Architectural preset.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...