You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V603 - text double & more clicks went wrong

Pub Beta 603, WIN 10

Hi,

when being within a text frame (with the frame text tool on), double triple etc. clicks do not behave proper any longer. The act rather randomly.
E.g. clicking once, the cursor is showing up between lettes (as it should be), sometimes it marks a whole line instead. More clicks do not changed marked text in the common sequence, rather  randomly, or sometimes in revers, starting with the whole text frame, next click = as paragraph etc. Sometimes clicks, double clicks switching back and forth between the whole text frame and nothing marked. Sometimes, if a line is marked and you click to get the cursor between letters on the next line, the whole next line will be marked instead. Etc.

- Additionally: clicking on the "eye" doesn't expand text overflow any longer

- And shift + double click on triangle (end of text frame) doesn't add pages any more (with overflow text)

Edited by design punch
more problems

• Staff

Thanks, we will see if we can replicate thus.

Problems found using beta builds should be reported in this beta forum, so I moved your post.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Sorry Patrick, i missed the right forum ..

I checked further now. The problem comes with the Wacom tablet (intuos 4) - was all ok in the previous version 1.8.
I tested with a mouse instead, and such problems disappear.
But:

If windows freehand is OFF, clicks behave correct, but now you can't move the text frame any longer (with V Tool).  And brush tool allows straight lines only (with delay in displaying it) and no pressure adjustment (I think this is known already). With a mouse there is of course no pressure, but lines are not fixed to straight ...

If freehand is ON, text frames can be moved, but clicks are getting crazy ... brush and pressure working correctly too with the Wacom pen ...

(I almost can hear the developers screaming about windows freehand and tablet behaviour :) )

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.