You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey, i have a question.

I downloaded affinity just yesterday and im testing right now.

In the current case, i created a lot of shapes with layer effects etc. and summarized all in a group.

well, but now, im not able to transform the whole group, just the weight and heigh, but i can not set new edit points, or something like that.

is there the possibility to do that?

Not sure this is the right thread for this but I used TypeStyler to create some Perspective Text and convert it to outlines and exported it in Illustrator format and also as a PDF.

AD was not able to open the Illustrator format file for some reason and I also could not open it using TextWrangler. I was able to open the PDF file and all the text was there and I was able to add color or gradients, etc. to the text characters.

PROBLEM:

All the text characters came in as one group exactly as designed. Using the node selection tool I was only able to highlight all the nodes on all the characters and could modify any one of them but all the characters still appear to be as one group and I was unable to ungroup them into individual characters. I could drag a selection around one character and move it but it still appears that it is just one part of one giant group. I could also resize the entire group in any way desired.

I also tried to copy individual characters and paste them but that just made a complete copy of the entire graphic group.

Not sure exactly what is going on. I will check with the TypeStyler people to see if they might have a solution. If so we have a way to have unlimited text distortions if needed. Ken Stillman, the author of TypeStyler has been writing and selling this solution since 1986. One of the longest running pieces of software on the market. Let’s get AD to beat that record, okay?

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.