You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Erasing Lines in Affinity Designer

Hi,

I'm both new to Affinity Designer and new to this forum,

I'm currently experimenting with drawing with the program and have reached an impasse. I drew all the crosses and raised bits with the crown using Pencil, Duplicate, Flip etc.

When I came to drawing the base of the crown for ease I used an ellipse. As you can see from the photo I wanted to create a 3D effect and so need to remove certain areas of the crown to create a realistic foreground and background. The 'Crop' tool selects the whole ellipse and therefore I remove areas I don't want to and I can't create any nodes on the line to 'Break Curve'.

I'm really hoping I don't have to draw it all again as I've now redrawn it 4 Times. If any one could advise me I would be grateful, Thank you

926024403_ScreenShot2020-03-06at22_03_10.thumb.png.1c6c633ed1ebdee1387c76b4a0a93fdb.png

Sounds like you need to Convert To Curves on the ellipse.

Then you can insert additional nodes, and break the curve into sections.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Looks great - glad you got it sorted.

The thing to remember is that the node tool works on curves not "shapes" (rectangles, ellipses, shape tool etc).

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro