You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Please bear with me as I’m new hear. I have affinity 1.6 as 1.8 has just been updated , do I have to download all previous updates ie 1.7 etc, or can I just load 1.8 and that will suffice?

you can just download 1.8 from your Affinity web account, Its full installer.

Core i7 4770 - AMD Radeon RX 6500XT - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 SP1 / Windows 10 x64) - https://danielmoravek.com

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Please bear with me as I’m new hear. I have affinity 1.6 as 1.8 has just been updated , do I have to download all previous updates ie 1.7 etc, or can I just load 1.8 and that will suffice?

STOP! 🙂

The recently released version of the Affinity apps (1.8.0) has many horrible bugs. I suggest you wait a week or so, then a bugfix is expected. The bugfix is being tested these days and it looks promising.

When 1.8.1 is released you can install it on top of 1.6.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Really? What kind of bugs?

I had more issues with the latest 1.7 to be honest than with 1.8.0 but I may just not use the buggy features.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

2 hours ago, Xzenor said:

Really? What kind of bugs?

I had more issues with the latest 1.7 to be honest than with 1.8.0 but I may just not use the buggy features.

Boolean operations and expand stroke resulting in crazy results. Amongst others. The worst release I have personally witnessed from Serif. Just browse the bug forum. Serif had a busy week just handling the bug reports.

Probably solved pretty soon so I think it is very wise to stick with 1.7.3 for now.

You CAN of course also install the beta in parallel and play with it. Remember that files saved in 1.8 cannot be opened in 1.7 or earlier versions ever again.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

@Jowday, Really? I've not experienced any more bugs or issues with the current release, than with any other. I don't think it's your place to dissuade anyone from installing Serif's products.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

He is entitled to say what he said or it would have been moderated

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon