You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Printing with live filters in 1.8.1

In 1.7 live filters were ignored when printing or exporting to PDF.  Has this been fixed in 1.8.1?  If not, I do understand that, as a workaround the layers containing live filters could be flattened, but that's clumsy, and I would therefore really appreciate being able to print without have to perform any preparatory prestidigitation.

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5

• Staff
11 minutes ago, Richard Liu said:

Has this been fixed in 1.8.1?

This has been fixed, but it was quite late in the beta process. We believe that all life filter effects now export to PDF SVG and to print. If you find that it is not fixed we would be very interested to know, and the workaround if it doesn't work is to use rasterize everything on the print options rather than flatten the layers

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 months later...

@Patrick Connor Printing from Affinity Photo 1.8.3 is working as intended, and there are indeed differences between printing from Affinity Photo and exporting to, say, tiff then printing the exported file from Preview, even though the same ICC profile with which I am working in AFP is also embedded in the .tiff file, and both prints are being produced on the same printer with the same ICC printer profile.

However, as I report in https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/116509-printing-in-183-excruciatingly-slow/&do=findComment&comment=632335, printing from AFP is extremely slow.  I assume that hardly anyone is using Print, or there is something wrong with my setup.  

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5