You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I cannot search words with apostrophes or use SE asian languages.

I am working on a book using phonetics, and as I try to search for words with an apostrophe in it, it returns no results. I have tried different types of apostrophe type symbols with no success.
Another update I am still waiting for, is support for other asian languages that have wrap around below and above such as SE asian languages like Thai, or Cambodian.
This is not supported in affinity software:  ខ្ញុំ it will look like this:  ខ្ ញ ុ ំ

2 hours ago, iamtirado said:

as I try to search for words with an apostrophe in it, it returns no results.

I can partially replicate your results. If I have the text:

It’s not working.

…and I search for:

It’s

…I get a result as expected. But if I search for:

It's

…in other words, a straight apostrophe as typed directly, I get no result, because it is not a true match.

I am at a quandary about whether this should be the desired behavior or not, and what I could suggest to improve it. Normally, if I am doing a basic text search (that is, searching for semantics), I would want to be able to type an apostrophe using the key available to me (the simple apostrophe), and the search would return results even if the text is a typographic apostrophe. On the other hand, sometimes I want to specifically select only the simple apostrophe (probably for the purpose of replacing them).

How could Affinity allow for both possibilities? I suggest adding a search option to the dropdown in the same section as "Match Case" and "Match Whole Word Only."

2 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

How could Affinity allow for both possibilities? I suggest adding a search option to the dropdown in the same section as "Match Case" and "Match Whole Word Only."

I currently don't have a problem as is but I can get behind this idea.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.