You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to Update from Photo 1.7.3, OS 10.13.6

Hi there, I purchased Designer and Photo through the App store, while I have Publisher through the Affinity store. 

Publisher and Designer have been updating just fine, but Photo does not—despite following the official instructions (making sure to reload the App Store page to try and force the update to appear). Affinity Photo is still stuck at 1.7.3 and it will not appear in the Updates section of the App store. Any ideas?

I am on High Sierra 10.13.6

Either go to your “Purchases” section, or do a search for the app in the App Store. Once there, the button should read Update instead of Buy. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

I have seen this happen with other apps in the Mac Apps store (and I think the IOS Apps store as well).  This is what worked for me.  Delete your current installation of the app then fire up the App Store app,  click on your name and click on Purchase.  Search for the app from there and install.  This will install the latest available in the Apps store.

1 hour ago, Nana said:

I have seen this happen with other apps in the Mac Apps store (and I think the IOS Apps store as well).  This is what worked for me.  Delete your current installation of the app then fire up the App Store app,  click on your name and click on Purchase.  Search for the app from there and install.  This will install the latest available in the Apps store.

Hi Nana, it only worked that way for me too (iMac with High Sierra). With Mojave on another iMac it also works without this detour, also on a Mac Pro running El Capitan (my experience).

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

19 hours ago, nwhit said:

Either go to your “Purchases” section, or do a search for the app in the App Store. Once there, the button should read Update instead of Buy. 

This worked, I had to go into Purchases and install it again. It never offered me the option to "Update". Thanks for the tip

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.