You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher: Edit Detached Not Functioning

SF1

Good morning, 

After the latest update of Affinity Publisher, I'm no longer able to use the Edit Detached function. Despite clicking it on, and the appearance of the orange dialogue box telling me that something is detached, I'm unable to change anything. A box appears around whatever item is selected with the Xs in the frame-corners. 

Help ASAP, please! 

Hi, SF!,

Also in the latest Beta (1.8.2.603) pictures continue to unexplainedly end up below a master page layer, but at least you can reach them like this:

EditDetached.thumb.jpg.1784e6ce0daa99c82874e96d9246d5f1.jpg

Lenovo laptop with Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home. Former user of most Serif software from PagePlus 3.0 through PagePlus X9, now enjoying Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher.

On 3/6/2020 at 5:07 PM, SF1 said:

A box appears around whatever item is selected with the Xs in the frame-corners.

I don't dare to ask you this: Are the levels in question possibly locked?
Master levels can be locked and unlocked at any time - even without detachment. You can recognize it by the lock symbol on the right edge of a level.

6 hours ago, NilsFinken said:

Also in the latest Beta (1.8.2.603) pictures continue to unexplainedly end up below a master page layer, ...

Can you describe what you do in more detail? By default, when you place an image, it ends up above the selected layer (if no layer is selected, then at the top). Works well for me, it seems.

No, Michail, they aren’t locked. Behaving AS IF locked, but (& I thought I *stated* this before, apologies) dialogue boxes show that I’m in the editing detached mode. 

Edited by SF1
Spelling error

@SF1

Can you upload a sample file or a full size screenshot showing the layers panel and an object you can't move selected

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I will see if I can replicate it later today. Since I originally posted a couple of days ago, I’ve found that it’s not happening consistently, only intermittently, and that Publisher froze and crashed once while in the Edit Detached mode.