You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apps randomly crashes and work lost!!!

Hi, my name is Benjamin.

I never had problems before with Affinity Designer. But they started a couple of months ago. After working designing stuff, the app just crashes randomly and close. When I reopen the app, it open the files I was in but significantly in a previous versions with all my work lost. This is frustrating A LOT. I cannot afford to loose all my work like that in a Thanos snap! I count on your team to rapidly respond to this thread and help me fast. I need to deliver products to clients! My iPad OS is 13.3.1 and Affinity Designer version is 1.8.0.

Please help me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi 13LMNT,

Sorry for the delay in responding - unfortunately random crashes can be very hard to diagnose so without any form of recipe or video that demonstrates the crash it is unlikely we'll be able to try and investigate the issue.

With that said we have identified an issue where Autosave wasn't kicking in so we're currently working on a fix for that!

I’m having the same issue on separate occasions...when I’m selecting fonts, too many layers in the same file, subtracting layers from each other, leaving the app and coming back to it a few minutes later, and when I have a lot of nodes in the file, the app will slow down and eventually crash.

2nd gen iPadPro. Latest iOS and latest Affinity designer version.

Hopefully there’s a fix soon! :)