You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stroke width goes crazy

Every time I want to change the thickness of the lines I have to fight the calculator. Working with Affinity would be so much fun if it wasn't for this mistake. In my work, I often change the thickness of lines, whether groups of elements or individual ones. Any change in thickness is a struggle. Why is this happening?

Affinity version: 1.8.0.9

Device: iPad Pro (12,9'', 2 Gen. 256 GB), Software iOS 13.3.1

Not seeing this issue on my 10.5 pro so maybe it’s related to model? 
You might find it more convenient to turn on your iPads built in screen recording and turn on show touches in settings. Much easier to view what is happening that way.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Milosz,

This is a known issue that is with development to be fixed - it only seems to occur for Apple Pencil users. When you tap the value you should get a unit selector appear just above the calculator, however when this doesn't appear the wrong values are getting sent across. Tapping with your finger should bring up the correct input dialog which should work.