You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Putting Erase Blend Mode layer into another layer causes jaggies on the edge of the parent layer

Windows 10 Home 1909, Designer 1.8.1.604 (beta).

I don’t know if this is a bug or expected behaviour but when I have a layer that has an Erase Blend Mode applied and put it inside another layer, the edge of the parent layer becomes slightly jaggy.
See attached video and look where the red arrow is pointing while I move the layer in the stack.
The document DPI doesn’t seem to matter, nor does the zoom level – same amount of jagginess every time.
I’ve tried switching the renderer between my Intel and NVIDIA cards – no difference.
I don’t get the jaggies when the layer being moved has a Normal Blend Mode.
I don’t get the jaggies when the layer is given an Erase Blend Mode after it has been moved inside the parent layer, until I zoom in or out and then the jaggies come in.
I don’t see the same behaviour with the same document in Publisher 1.8.0.584.
AFDESIGN document is also attached.

pixelation-with-erase-blend-mode.afdesign

It's an old bug and it affects all Affinity apps on macOS. When a vector object contains both a clip-nested object with Erase blend mode and another object(s), the clipped edges are not antialiased.

To see the problem more starkly, switch Designer's view mode to Pixel or apply the Rasterise command to the container object.