You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.ai files not importing at correct size or proportions when opening IDML files

Purchased Publisher 1.8.1 yesterday now that I have the option of opening IDML files. I'm testing a couple of IDML projects at the moment and finding that all .ai files that are a part of the IDML project are opening at greatly reduced sizes compared to the original InDesign project and I don't have the ability to accurately re-size them. Additionally, some are showing with width and height distorted proportions and, again, I don't have the ability to adjust them back to original percentages as the edit tools aren't showing up as they normally would. Even the .psd images are not giving me an Image Details Panel in the Context Tool Bar so that I can edit them.

It's a client-supplied template and .ai files make up about 40% of the entire layout, so this is a pretty major ball-ache if I want to try and convert their existing InDesign to Publisher, for future use.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6 on iMac.

I reported this a while agon on Windows. Seems not to be fixed.

So this means: a)Waiting for the fix, b) opening PDF instead of IDML or c) replacing AI with PDF before IDML export might work. I would prefer the fixed IDML import in the near future. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed