You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.8 unusable

• Staff

Hi Hilli,

Please see here to see how to effectively report an issue to us.

Can you tell us some information about your system, what hardware you're using and if you're using shortcuts or sliders to resize the brushes.

Other people have reported it is a little slow to resize them however I cannot reproduce this internally. 

I had today only the choice to go back to version 1.7.3!

from 1.8.0  version  no find any crash reports from all problems, the map is empty.

screen_125.jpg

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

Good morning, Since the latest update 1.8 shortcuts for change size of the brushes ctr+alt + click stop working. I have cintique 24 pro, windows 10. Is this common bug or something in new version ? when it will be fixed ?

Bonjour 

Depuis que j'ai fait la mise à jour 1,8  Affinity Photo reste bloqué sur la deuxiéme page vide , je ne peut rien  faire .

Voulant remettre la version 1.7.3 à partir de mon compte  je ne vois plus rien  ,  impossible d 'accéder a mes anciennes versions .

Donc chez moi Affinity Photo c'est tout bug .

Une solution doit exister  !  mais laquelle  , par avance merci d'avoir une  réponse .

Beta 1.8.1.604 test whole day and no specific problems found, and big brush are working good for the first time.... so great job Team.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

Been using 1.8 daily for several hours since release, no issues. Fast, efficient, plug ins (Topaz, Nik) all OK. Afphoto and jpg plus raw all fine. I have a 6 year old Wacom Bamboo pen and touch. The pen works perfectly to resize and  re-soften/harden with the side button. Enjoying it, as ever..

That's interesting, how are you doing it ? because I have found it terrible. I am force too use the pilot now in my tablet to resize brush - but without possibility of making it soft or not soft. Side buttons in both of mine pens - art pen and pro pen doesn't react of any of attempt to combine keyboard shortcuts and making changes to brush size or softnes ( in previous versions it works, because I could use ctr+alt+plus click not like now alt+left and right click). Using an keyboard and display tablet speed a lot the whole workflow - so this is important to work properly for me.

1 hour ago, Ladmen said:

That's interesting, how are you doing it ? because I have found it terrible. I am force too use the pilot now in my tablet to resize brush - but without possibility of making it soft or not soft. Side buttons in both of mine pens - art pen and pro pen doesn't react of any of attempt to combine keyboard shortcuts and making changes to brush size or softnes ( in previous versions it works, because I could use ctr+alt+plus click not like now alt+left and right click). Using an keyboard and display tablet speed a lot the whole workflow - so this is important to work properly for me.

Hi I use the Wacom setup, from like 2015. It lets me set the pen top button. I do not think I am using Windows Ink..

I will check later..

P

I have now applied all the different tips without success and went back to version 1.7.3. There, all settings (size of brush and softness with the pen button) work with my Wacom Intuos Pro. I hope the Affinity Team will solve the problem soon. Otherwise it is not usable. It's really pity