You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Spinning beach ball when trying to close an unsaved document in 1.8.1

PapaG

Fairly new to Affinity ('though I'm loving it).  I am having an issue with files not closing right away.  It happens when I open (for example) a jpg file and I want to copy that file into another open document.  I select all from that jpg, then successfully paste onto the other open image.  But when I go to close the jpg, I choose "don't save" since I didn't make any changes to it.  The jpg file gets stuck on the dialog box for maybe 45 seconds to a minute before finally closing.   It wouldn't be so bad if it was a one time event, but it happens all the time slowing my workflow.

• Staff

Hey PapaG, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Is there an active selection still visible when you go to close the JPEG? Can you try pressing cmd+D to deselect it and let me know if that makes a difference. I'm unable to reproduce this.

Does it make a different what JPEG or image format you use? 

It still happens whether it is selected or deselected.  I DID notice however that it did not happen when I copy onto a simple single layered file.  However when pasting into a document that has multiple layers (like 2-3 dozens) with masks and and layer effects, then it happens.  One other note is that the original multi-layer document was created in Photoshop and then saved as a native .afphoto document.