You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AFFINIITY PROGRAM FONT LIST ERROR

Depending on the amount of computing capacity or the number of AFFINITY program fonts, it can be slow or error-prone.

Occasionally, font management in the OS can cause errors.

The way I'm suggesting it is with "Font Management in OS" that I'm talking about how to use it in case of trouble.

I was able to finish my computer fontlist error in this way.

Stop the font service during OS service
1. Type "services.msc" in the search bar to enter the service list window.
2. Find the "window Font Cache Serivce" list in the service window and stop the service.

20200306_154204.jpg

20200306_154146.jpg

Edited by 이대원

This is maddening! I stopped the font service and ran the beta version of Photo .604 and it opened. Brilliant. I then closed it down and tried again, but it crashed, I've gone back to 1.7.3 as that still works. I then launched the beta version and it ran 3 times, and then crashed. it seems very temperamental.

Trev

On 3/10/2020 at 9:10 PM, trevordl said:

This is maddening! I stopped the font service and ran the beta version of Photo .604 and it opened. Brilliant. I then closed it down and tried again, but it crashed, I've gone back to 1.7.3 as that still works. I then launched the beta version and it ran 3 times, and then crashed. it seems very temperamental.

Trev

Reducing the number of fonts also helps.

11 minutes ago, 이대원 said:

Reducing the number of fonts also helps.

That maybe true, but all my other programs that use fonts are fine, in a ideal world all the programs should work without the need to remove some of the fonts as photo is a bit more fussy than others! 🙂

Trevor