Rick G

1.8.1.595 Brush not working on mask

I took an image (pixel), added a square with a lot of Gaussian blur on top, then tried to remove part of the mask with the paintbrush

It seemed to want to paint the solid selected color over the  Gaussian. I am not totally sure what it is trying to do as I switch from white to black, but it seems to be not working

The proper paint brush is selected and as is the proper Gaussian blur layer which is nested under the square

Affinity Designer 1.8.2. & beta 1.8.3.628   Affinity Photo 1.8.2. beta  1.8.3.628 Affinity Publisher 1.8.2. beta  1.8.3.627

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1903

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

I'm not sure I understand you well as it works fine here. If you're trying to remove part of the middle of the blurred square you added on top of a picture you can't remove it in the "Blur" mask. Yo have to add a mask to the square and then remove part of it. That being said, maybe I don't understand exactly what you mean... 

masked-blur.jpg

Window 10 - 16 Gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I am misunderstanding something but I think I figured out what it is

I am not at 100 % today 🙄

Affinity Designer 1.8.2. & beta 1.8.3.628   Affinity Photo 1.8.2. beta  1.8.3.628 Affinity Publisher 1.8.2. beta  1.8.3.627

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1903

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png