You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I used a Affinity Photo key on one PC but i'd like to switch it to another computer.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If both computers are running Windows or both are running MacOS then your Serif Affinity Store product key should work on both of them.

But you can't switch do a different OS, as the Windows and Mac versions require their own licenses.

If they're both the same OS, then what happens when you try to validate the installation on the new machine?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Roger O'Doherty,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
What OS are you using? macOS or Windows? I'm assuming you have bought Affinity Designer and Publisher from the Affinity Store (the account you are referring to).
From where did you bought Affinity Photo? If you bought it through the Mac App Store or Microsoft Store (depending if you are using macOS or Windows) then you have to install it though one of those store apps on your new computer, signed-in with the same credentials/ID used to buy the app originally.

The Microsoft Store, Mac App Store and Affinity Store are all independent and managed by different entities so you have to download/install the apps from the same place you originally bought them from.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, mrtn said:

I was just looking for the same information, hoping to share the PC version on my home Mac during lockdown.

You can't do that, but Serif is offering a 90-day free trial right now that you could use on your Mac. And a 50% discount if you want to buy that second copy.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

@TorontoITpro

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

I'm not sure whether you are asking a question, or confirming that you can use the Affinity apps on more than one computer which have the same operating system?  Assuming it's a question, then yes, use on multiple computers running the same OS and all of which you control is certainly the case.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

10 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

@TorontoITpro

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

I'm not sure whether you are asking a question, or confirming that you can use the Affinity apps on more than one computer which have the same operating system?  Assuming it's a question, then yes, use on multiple computers running the same OS and all of which you control is certainly the case.

HTH

Jeff

Sorry, it was indeed a question.
Thanks for the answer.

WOW. It's an incredible value, especially with the 50% off.

I've been hearing Youtubers talk about Affinity, but didn't look into it. Now that I have, boy am I glad.

What I pay monthly to Adobe covers a perpetual license for the 2 products I regularly use.

1 minute ago, TorontoITpro said:

WOW. It's an incredible value, especially with the 50% off

It certainly is!!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• 6 months later...

I am asking if I can use the TRIAL Affinity Photo on a second Mac and, if so, how do I do that? It was just a link and when I click on it now my only option is to purchase the program. I'm still trying to see if it will work for me so I want to use my full trial, only on a different computer. Thank you.

12 hours ago, nkatano said:

I am asking if I can use the TRIAL Affinity Photo on a second Mac and, if so, how do I do that? It was just a link and when I click on it now my only option is to purchase the program. I'm still trying to see if it will work for me so I want to use my full trial, only on a different computer. Thank you.

Use another e-mail address.

iMac 21" / iMac 27"

I wonder how to get an answer to my specific question....  ?

1 hour ago, nkatano said:

now my only option is to purchase the program

If that’s really your only option now, you may find it helpful to know that all purchases through the Affinity Store are covered by a 14-day money back guarantee.

https://store.serif.com/help/#returns

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, nkatano said:

I wonder how to get an answer to my specific question....  ?

Someone gave you one answer: request a new trial using a different email address.

Another would be to copy the installer file from your first computer to the second one.

-- Walt
PC: