You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP Color sliders can be changed to see the reference RGB Hex #.  My question:  Is there a way in Swatches Panel to type the known Hex values to add the color to the Swatches Palette? This is a very simple process in Procreate Swatches to add colors to the Swatches Palette.  Type Hex number, click color and it's added, maximum 30 per Swatches Palette.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

No.

Be a neat addition but if you open each of the panels it would almost work the way you want. Type Hex number, click on the create swatch and it is done.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

No.

Be a neat addition but if you open each of the panels it would almost work the way you want. Type Hex number, click on the create swatch and it is done.

I need to create color palette of 30 Hex numbers in one Swatches Panel.  I must be missing something or it doesn't exist. I follow artist that provides the Hex colors in his tutorials in Procreate.  My goal is to create the same Swatches Panel in AP.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

11 minutes ago, Cecil said:

I need to create color palette of 30 Hex numbers in one Swatches Panel.  I must be missing something or it doesn't exist. I follow artist that provides the Hex colors in his tutorials in Procreate.  My goal is to create the same Swatches Panel in AP.  

Create a new Photo document. Draw a small rectangle. Replicate 29 times. Power-duplicate and the alignment tools on the Toolbar may help.

Create a palette on the Swatches panel.

Switch to the Color panel. Then iterate:

1. Select a rectangle.
  2. Set its fill using hex values in the color panel.
  3. Right-click on it and Add to Swatches... From Fill or From Fill as Global.

Or, possibly instead of step 3, when you're done creating the proper fills, use the hamburger menu for the Swatches panel and Add Palette from Document.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

18 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Create a new Photo document. Draw a small rectangle. Replicate 29 times. Power-duplicate and the alignment tools on the Toolbar may help.

Create a palette on the Swatches panel.

Switch to the Color panel. Then iterate:

1. Select a rectangle.
  2. Set its fill using hex values in the color panel.
  3. Right-click on it and Add to Swatches... From Fill or From Fill as Global.

Or, possibly instead of step 3, when you're done creating the proper fills, use the hamburger menu for the Swatches panel and Add Palette from Document.

Walt thanks, I’ll screen record this, simpler method may be available AP 3.0.  I was able to take a screen shot of the final painting, open in AP>Swatches>Create Palette frown Document and/or As Application or Document Palette, save Swatches name.  Cheating, I don’t know but the number of colors were >30.  

Cecil 

Good approach, Cecil. Does assume that your monitor and his monitor and the video camera are all properly calibrated, though.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Cecil said:

Is there a way in Swatches Panel to type the known Hex values to add the color to the Swatches Palette? This is a very simple process in Procreate Swatches to add colors to the Swatches Palette.  Type Hex number, click color and it's added, maximum 30 per Swatches Palette.

Maybe I don't quite understand but when you said "known Hex values" I assumed you had a list of them. If that is the case then this method would be most accurate. Make a document palette  (or a system palette) and just do the following. The clicks don't show but I am clicking on the 949667195_ScreenShot2020-03-05at11_33_23AM.png.6f794fadabc03ca3f0cd6a114d1449ed.png middle thing in the swatches panel.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@Old Bruce Yes I have a list of the Hex numbers and your suggestion is great and simple, thank you.  I knew how to do that, it just did not register to build my palette in this manner.  You can highlight the bottom Hex numbers, delete and just type in the new numbers and the color will change, click +.  Thank you.  

Cecil