You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In the Pixel Persona, I have been using the Artboard tool to select portions of my image for exporting. Sometimes after clicking and dragging and releasing the tool, the layers move out of position so the area I want is obviously not correct. I haven't found why this occurs, but it's getting pretty frustrating. I have four layers all consisting of vector objects. Thanks.

• Staff

Hi JC@frontlightweb :)

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. I've checked and found a few recent bug reports similar to the issues you've described, could you please confirm the below for me:

• Are you using Windows or Mac?
  • Does this happen in any document, or only the one you've described?
  • Does this happen consistently? (ie always in one section of the document, when drawing near a specific object etc?)
  • Can you possibly provide a screen recording showing the issue?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thanks Dan.

Just want to clarify, this happened while in the Designer Persona, not Pixel.

I am using Windows, and it occurred while in another document as well. However, I went on to just use the Insert Artboard button, and there were no problems. It only seemed to happen when clicking and dragging to initiate the artboard.

• Staff

Thanks for the info, I can confirm I've since replicated this here, and we've had other users report this elsewhere. This is now logged as a bug with our developers and they're working hard to fix this ASAP - I'll be certain to bump these reports with your thread now.

Many thanks for your reports and my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences in the meantime!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Objects move on page when artboard is drawn out & undo fails) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.1/1.8.2 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon