You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export unusably slow after upgrade to 1.8.1

MJBFI

After upgrading from Publisher 1.8 to 1.8.1 on Mac, PDF Export is unusably slow.  Previously the file would export in about 30 seconds.  After 10 minutes, the PDF export is now only at 50%.  Total Export time was 22 minutes. The only significant changes made to the Publisher file related to 1.8.1 are replacing manual chapter Drop Caps with the new support for 2- and 3-character (numeric) drop caps (which is itself an excellent and VERY appreciated feature!).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I had a very similar problem during the last few days:

While exporting a pdf file usually worked as expected it suddenly became terribly slow.

I tried and retried and exported from a new file with only one word – and finally it seems to have been a font related problem. I restarted my Mac, restarted my font manager (Right Font 5) a few times, cleared the font cache with Right Font 5. And after working on these lines everything suddenly worked again!

Now the export to pdf is even faster than before. So I think you could try clearing the font cache. (I think I remember that it can also be done on a Mac by starting in safe mode? Not sure …).

I hope this helps!

Good luck

Reinhard