You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.1 keeps crashing opening 1.7.x files

I'm trying to open a file from a flyer (and some more) made with the 1.7 version in the 1.8.1 and it keeps on instantly crashing. I tried it on two macs with the latest 10.15 and 10.14 macOS with the newst AP and older versions of the file. Same problem. I can send you the file for any checkups, but not public if you're interessted.

PS: This problem + the nasty font bug makes this release very unstable for production use. What a shame, never had heavy issues before.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

• Staff

The file is opening for me whch would indicate it is a linked file problem. You could either upload all the linked files or wait for the next beta to see if we have cured that problem for you. We have fixed an issue with linked files and the beta should be out soon

Thank you for taking care of it. Since it worked in the old version and if Serif fixed a problem with the links, I will probably wait for the beta version. The chances seem to be good that it will solve the problem.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6