You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on save

Indeed, the document crashes for me too. Even when I delete EVERYTHING from this document until a blank page is left. So Serif has to check what is wrong with this document. In the meantime and if it is urgent, you can export to PDF and make a new document by importing this PDF in APu.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I can do anything on it with text or images without problem. But as soon as I use "Save as", type a new name and click Enter... Aff Pub vanishes.

I just noticed that the file with 0 bytes is saved.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

25 minutes ago, m.vlad said:

If I change anything on it it seems to crash. It worked fine last night.

I've just opened your file on a Mac and I have no problems perusing the document.

So the problem seems to be on Windows side of thing.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

I should also mention, this happens on Designer 1.8.0.555 as well, so the document somehow got corrupted on the windows side of things.

7 minutes ago, Seneca said:

I've just opened your file on a Mac and I have no problems perusing the document.

So the problem seems to be on Windows side of thing.

Can you open, resave it, and send me a copy?

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

1 hour ago, m.vlad said:

Can you open, resave it, and send me a copy?

I feel like a fool (having said that it doesn't crash on my Mac), but the document began to crash on save for me too.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

See if the attached works for you

Recovered what I could, no time to check everything, plus I don't have your fonts so it may look different on my PC.

App_ui_new.afpub

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

31 minutes ago, m.vlad said:

That opens and saves fine, what did you do?

I spent some time on this file and after deleting some text boxes with fonts that I don't have it seems to save fine.

I've just realised that @carl123 also did something similar.

Anyway you may want to have a look at my version.

App_ui.afpub

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.