You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher freezes after deleting a master page

It seems when I delete one or two master pages, Publisher freezes. No option to close except via task manager.
Also, often after editing a master page a portion of publisher would become unresponsive (can only scroll a couple of pages but not all) and cant edit anything further. A restart is required but any edits that were done are lost.

Using Windows 10

Oldgoat Marketing - For all your internet marketing needs

I was looking to post my experience and found your message. Problem is repeatable and constant.

Here is what I can add:

1. ver: 1.8.0.584
  2. On a Windows 10 VM client. Host is Mac Mini, Catalina 10.15.3
  3. delete Master, screen freezes. No menus or controls respond.
  4. Other than deleting Master, no other action needed to trigger freeze.
  5. When screen is locked, can save work if right-click and close from task bar. Windows prompts for a save.

As I was typing my response here, I tried something that appears to correct the problem. Perhaps it may help you.

I had a graphic on my Master pasteboard. I recall graphics being a problem from other threads during beta, so i deleted it. Now, the pub responds, no freeze and work can be saved. The screen is responsive.

hth.

Another thing I have found should the page freeze, even selecting "Go to spread" from the page icons on the left does nothing. At this point there was no way to recover the file (close and reopen etc.).

I did find that the "Save as" (select another name) does then work.. this had me worried as I had a large project open and all of my work would have been lost.

Oldgoat Marketing - For all your internet marketing needs