You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help! Publisher converts pure grey 20K to multicolored grey 22C 18M 18Y

I have a CMYK document with a light 20% grey. Whenever I export it to PDF  the grey gets converted to a muticolot grey.

I have tried setting the color settings to fogra 39 and or tried to set PDF Export conditions to X-1A - but non of this is showing any diffrence.

How can I avoid this?

Tim

grey.afpub grey.pdf

When I open your Publisher file, the grey is already multicolor = C22 M18 Y18 K1. You say, you tried the color setting to Fogra39. Which color format and which color profile did you use while creating the document? For me it seems, that you changed the color format of the document and this lead to the multicolor grey.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

42 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

do not use the gray palette

One of the reasons why I removed all built-in palettes except for these stupid Pantone palettes. The Affinity applications break apart, when they could be removable? Just a guess.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed