You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] Ɨ

Yeah, same thing here.
Since a certain point in time today I have been unable to upload images and videos. Early on I could, but then I couldnā€™t.
Iā€™ve tried uploading PNGs, JPGs and MP4 but keep getting a pop-up that says ā€œ-200ā€.
Neither the images nor the videos are particularly large.
I tried logging out of the site and restarting Firefox but get the same error pop-up.
Iā€™ve checked my site attachments usage and Iā€™m nowhere near my limit.

• Staff

We were trying to block some (Russian) bots attacking our forums and the rules we applied (this morning as a test) stopped me editing posts too.Ā  We have found a better way to do this now, so please try again and come back here if you are still havingĀ problems.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."Ā  W. L. Sheldon

Ā 

FWIW, I just added this post, edited it, added a jpg attachment on a second edit, & all worked fine. I have just now edited it again to just what is seen here, so I guess everything is working as it should now.

Edited by R C-R
testing post editing & adding/removing attachments

All 3Ā 1.10.8, &Ā all 3Ā V2.4.1Ā Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity PhotoĀ 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3Ā V2Ā apps for iPad;Ā 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

7 hours ago I could not add a screenshot to this post -- I got the mysterious "7" error whenever I tried. A few minutes ago I tried editing the post to add the screenshot & it worked.

All 3Ā 1.10.8, &Ā all 3Ā V2.4.1Ā Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity PhotoĀ 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3Ā V2Ā apps for iPad;Ā 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

We have made a fix for this, please report any new problems, from now, thank you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."Ā  W. L. Sheldon

Ā 

Error code 7 when trying to upload a small png file, also tried the same file in jpg format (same error)

In this thread/post...

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/109786-how-to-achieve-evenly-distributed-dashes-for-dashed-lines/&do=findComment&comment=593359

2 minutes after my attempted uploadĀ someone else successfully uploaded images to the same thread, so not sure what is going on.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Just got an error code 7 trying to paste a screenshot into a topic reply, here.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
Ā Ā  Ā Desktop: Ā Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090Ā 

Ā  Ā  Laptop:Ā  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad: Ā iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic KeyboardĀ 
Mac:Ā  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Also just got several 7 errors trying to attach a small .afpub file, here.

-- Walt
PC:
Ā Ā  Ā Desktop: Ā Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090Ā 

Ā  Ā  Laptop:Ā  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• Staff

This has gone for me today, but yesterday I still had this on my admin account and on my moderator account

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Ā 

And I'm still getting the "7" errors.

I hope that whatever it is gets fixed soon.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

Rob is looking at this again

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Rob is looking at this again

Lucky 7 on Friday 13th? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows ā€¢Ā Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/PublisherĀ 2 for iPad ā€¢Ā iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...

Did the forum recently start a limited minimal dimension for pictures?
I used to be able to upload small pics under 30 px size ā€“ yesterday I tried to upload a screenshot with 159 x 60 px but got this error:

60407178_forumlimitedimagedimension.jpg.2c35053c72241ac1c35dae3345dc5c7b.jpg

Because today I was able to upload larger screenshots it made me think of "200" might mean pixel size ā€“ hm?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

I've gotten the -200 error even on very small screenshots over the past two days.

And it will fail in one post and be fine on the next. Or work for several, then fail, with similarly sized images.

It seem to be something weird in the forum software.

-- Walt
PC:

Thanks Walt. Good to know its not me (but the Russians? ;).
I just tried the yesterday screenshot as upscaled to 200 px jpg, it also failed first (but did upload in another trial) ā€“ whereas a 195 px image did not fail at first but in 2nd trial.

Another screenshot jpg just created the message "There was a problem uploading the file".

1145687409_problemuploadingfile.jpg.972dad75f8849286b6c707a2917562e9.jpg

Probably because of this two failed upload left-overs in the bottom area (which I can't delete but need to quit & restart the posting):

1897804750_uploadfailed-200.jpg.9d7e6298654c10c3bba0332ff42ce89f.jpg

By the way, since the recent forums update I still get occasionally the issue that drag-and-drop doesn't work while upload via "choose files..." does. (but it's no solution for the -200 error)

• Staff

I've pointed the web developers at this thread (again)

Ā 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Ā 

EDIT, solved: [@Patrick, just another little glitch which did not occur to me before the recent forums update:

In my user profile a change of the signature can be set and saved but is not reflected in postings, neither in existing nor in new. I updated my signature (macOS & hardware) some days ago + today again, the change appears correct in the profile edit view but does not appear in thread view. (Before that, I successfully updated in February just a number, so I guess the recent update is involved in the issue.) ]

Besides this a related question: a signature mentions soft-/hardware configuration which can be helpful to judge an issue. Now, if a configuration update occurs an updated signature might not be correct for older posts. So, is it possible to make a change of the signature only affecting new post, written after the signature change?

Edited by thomaso

On 3/30/2020 at 5:24 PM, Patrick Connor said:

I've pointed the web developers at this thread (again)

While they are investigating this maybe they can do the same for a couple of other glitches, too?

One is that my custom streams are all set to show topics in the Condensed view but every so often one will revert to the Expanded one. This has been happening sporadically ever since the last forum software upgrade.

The other glitch is also sporadic & just started happening in the last day or two. Usually when I click on the Notifications bell icon at the top of a forumĀ page, the new notifications appear in a dropdown list below the icon. But several times now, clicking the icon jumps directly to the 'View all notifications' page.

Neither glitch is serious & they are probably going to be difficult to reproduce but I just thought I would mention them in case they are somehow related to the other ones.

Affinity PhotoĀ 

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

the change appears correct in the profile edit view but does not appear in thread view.

The forum signature is not part of your profile, thomaso. It is set in Account settings, not in Edit Profile.

Account settings: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/settings/

Specifically,
image.png.84ad0800c2a3045ef8560fe2ae61b7b9.png

-- Walt
PC: