You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid less than 4px (Affinity Designer 1.8.1 Mac OS)

As with BofG above, I can see a 1-pixel grid just fine with Designer 1.8.0.585 on Windows.
Unfortunately, for some reason, I can’t seem to attach an image to show you as proof.
Would you be able to attach your document so we can check it?

Ok, here 2 screenshots from Affinity Designer on my Mac OS (10.15.3)

1) with a 4px grid

2) and with less than 4px.

Is there a way to get install the previous version of AD (1.7.5), this really help me.

Thank you for your understanding.

1px grids show up in the latest Designer beta1.8.2 release.
This release should be considered as a stable update to the current retail version.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/108752-affinity-designer-customer-beta-1820/

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

It's working for me here on my Mac. I would normally attach a screenshot now to show it working but every time I try I get a -200 error, whatever that is?

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

2 hours ago, markw said:

It's working for me here on my Mac.

It is working on my iMac & I am running AD 1.8.1. How far I have to zoom in for the grid to appear depends on the canvas size but for example in a 1000 x 1000 px canvas, 300% or so zoom shows the grid.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I have the same issue on Mac, Catalina, running Designer 1.8.1.
I can't see any grid smaller than 4 px. 

Also, the automatic grid disappears when zooming in.
Makes the grid quite useless if you want to achieve pixel perfect work.

UPDATE: Looking into the bugs board I see developers are already aware of …

9 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

Is this true even if you zoom in very far, like to 5000% or more?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

16 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

I have the same issue on Mac, Catalina, running Designer 1.8.1.

Have you tried the latest beta 1.8.2. It's recommended as a stable update to the current retail version. Dose that work any better for you?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm Having a similar issue with grids. It seems that certain intervals of spacing / divisions just "Loop" or repeat or reset so to speak. I tried to send pics for an example here, but I'm getting the same problem as everyone else.

For example :

I can't get any divisions to show in a 1mm space grid. I can get 2 divisions to show in 2mm space, but if I go to 3 divisions it disappears... 4 divisions looks just like 2 divisions... then 5 disappears again, and so on. I get in loops like this with all spacings, but the intervals of divisions are just different. If I have 4mm spacing I can get up to 5 divisions, but then at 6 it goes back to looking like 3... then it just loops the higher I go.

Is this similar to what you are seeing Bludocs? Or anyone else?

I was using version 1.8.2 and just moved to 1.8.3 and both are doing this.

Edited by GregoryG
Adding my software versions for reference

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Andrian said:

It is happen to My Mac too, please fix it

Bump your spacing up (I did 4 px) and then go back down to 1 px.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi iriskin,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Go to  menu Affinity Designer > Preferences, Performance section and check if you have the Display dropdown set to OpenGL. If so change it to Metal and restart the app. Try setting the grid again.

Thank's. It worked!
I selected "OpenGL(Basic)" and set flag "Use only integrated GPU"

• 3 weeks later...