You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I read with great joy about the new update to Publisher being able to open and edit InDesign files... well .idml files, anyway. I've got an old version of InDesign running on my old laptop and a bunch of ID projects which I need to be able to covert to Publisher. So, for several projects, I've opened the old ID file on the laptop, exported as an .idml file, taken the new file to my new computer, and opened i in Publisher. Sometimes this works without a hitch, even for some complicated projects. But other times, the content slides over so it's half off the page. For single-page projects, that's no bigee. But it just happened on a 330 page novel I need to edit. The mater page stuff has all slid to the right, and the body text has slid to the left.

Does anybody have an idea how I should deal with this?

mendogold-body.idml

A couple of problems with the whole "facing pages" thing. The original document is not set up with facing pages. Its destination is Kindle. The only reason page numbers and other master page elements are in this version is to help us find locations for edits. Second, I don't see any way to make a  "Facing Pages IDML". Perhaps that feature was added in later versions of ID. I'm running ye olde CS4. When I export a document as an idml file, I do not get any options. The Youtube video I saw which introduced this new feature said that idml files are created as part of the package process, but when I package projects on this version, it doesn't make an idml file at all.