You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Textured Strokes - Remove Gap

I was following the Designer tutorial, "Stylish Strokes: Textured Lines in Affinity"

I have a circle.  I clicked Stroke and then the Texture Line Style. I clicked Brushes and selected the textured brush that I wanted.

How do I remove the gap that appears at the top of my shape? I want the texture to be all the way around.

Thanks.

post-14863-0-53934200-1437163373_thumb.png

As far as I have been learning here, you may well turn it into curves and move one of the corners to the other until the close. As it is a texturized brush it will not matter if the circle outline have some bumbs or irregularities for it forming parting of the texture as well.

For a more accurate manipulation you can always click expand stroke what will unable to have nodes all around the stroke line and will give you more accuracy with that.

there would be a tool in AD that would let us move a stroke around a circled path, as you can move text, but i do not think. there is. Lets wait,

OK,,,it may be that I am a "blind soulu trying to teach another blind soul how to walk around the town" but hope that my little tip, will serve for something to you,

Kind regards from Bilbao,

Spain.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I was having the same problem. I think I've discovered a temporary work around for this until the feature is added to A.D.

1. Select circle.

2. Select "convert to curve"

3. Choose node tool (A).

4. Select a node on the circle.

5. Click on "break curve"

Worked for me. Hope it works for your situation as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...