You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

App won't load, crashes after a few sec

4 hours ago, 3-4-SAD said:

Nothing works at my side, publisher, designer, photo, all 1.8 and won't load at all. Screen opens and after a message that the fonts are loading it crashes. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but no luck.

Thanks for the report. We've had a few reports of similar crashes so we're investigating this as a matter of urgency.

I'm having the same problem with all three apps since the 1.8 updates. They all crash before the interface loads up and requires two or three restarts before they load properly. 

Another issue with the 1.8 update in Designer. My projects have been loading with different fonts. I have to close out the app and restart to load my projects with the correct fonts.

Thanks.

Edited by Tydal

1 hour ago, Julie B said:

Mine is crashing as well. I can't export PDF, just stalls at the end.  Also, could not open a file.  I open it and it closes the software down without ever opening it.   

This doesn't sound like the same crash as OP. You may want to create a new thread that is specific to your problem.

I have a Win 10, 64 bit i5 DELL. I've had 1.8 designer and photo unable to load, I uninstalled all, deleted all the previous installed files on my computer and reinstalled it as administrator. It mostly loads correctly every time when I run the programs as administrator.

4 hours ago, syb1r said:

I have a Win 10, 64 bit i5 DELL. I've had 1.8 designer and photo unable to load, I uninstalled all, deleted all the previous installed files on my computer and reinstalled it as administrator. It mostly loads correctly every time when I run the programs as administrator.

No luck here. I can't start any of Affinity apps even as an administrator. It just won't work. I can't believe they didn't tested more thoroughly before release of such big update...

I don't have any corrupted or damaged fonts. Even if that was a case, the Affinity should be able to avoid similar collisions by discarding such fonts like Adobe apps because they don't crush at all on the same machine.

Just uninstalled all three applications because I could not start any of them. 1.8 is completely useless. I will try in a few months when, maybe update comes. I know that software testing is expensive and time consuming, but letting the customers do that work is not the best solution I think...