You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher for iPad?

1 minute ago, liumingming said:

I hope that publishers can take advantage of the performance of M1 8gb memory. At present, when the affinity software runs in the background, the ipad pro 4gb memory will restart.

Usted dice de los 8 GB y el M1 y que me dice con los 16 de la versión de 1 y 2T ahora con la nueva actualización de los iPad no deben tener excusas para poder sacarlo por qué potencia hay de sobra. 

@Patrick Connorbuenos días entiendo perfectamente tu repuesta pero los lideres de la compañía como usted bien dice son los que tienen que dar explicaciones per no la dan y venimos aquí por información por que nadie sabe nada del tema, ni usted ni los lideres pero como usuario de Affinity en todos sus App tanto en Mac y iPad me siento defraudado por esperanzas no cumplidas con esta App. Y trabajar se trabaja por que solo hay que ver como seis adaptado las Apps al M1, lo que yo creo que habéis dejado de lado el proyecto, pero bueno solo doy mi punto de vista saludos a todos.

• Staff
30 minutes ago, Josegt80 said:

And work is being done because you only have to see how six Apps have been adapted to the M1, which I think you have put the project aside

The technology behind the M1 chip is the same technology behind iPad chips from the last 4 years. We already supported metal on iPad which were in some respects faster than Macs. When Apple put M1 chips in Mac's we already had the metal code written for the iPad version so adapting that code for M1 Macs did not detract from ongoing work on Publisher for iPad.

Sorry there is not more to say on this at the moment.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

30 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

did not detract from ongoing work on Publisher for iPad.

Ahh…. Music to my ears😁

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

在2021年5月6日下午2点15分,帕特里克·康纳说:

The technology behind the M1 chip is the same technology behind iPad chips from the last 4 years. We already supported metal on iPad which were in some respects faster than Macs. When Apple put M1 chips in Mac's we already had the metal code written for the iPad version so adapting that code for M1 Macs did not detract from ongoing work on Publisher for iPad.

Sorry there is not more to say on this at the moment.

The development progress has not been officially announced, because I want to use the iPad to do more projects. At present, Affinity Designer is very unfriendly to text layout. The iPad version of the artboard cannot adjust the margins. The bug has not been fixed, which makes it very difficult to do multi-page design.  Convenient, no matter what software, please enhance the function of text layout

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Doug Thomson said:

All I want to know is if you are working on Publisher for iPad Pro? I’m not appealing for a release date … just, are you working on it or is it in the “A Good Idea, Won’t Happen” bin?

Going on comments above, it would seem that Serif are working on APub for iPad, but there is no eta for it's release.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I don’t see why companies need to be so secretive about this kind of thing! If you’re here you’re likely a loyal customer and genuinely want something. I wish affinity would play ball a little! It’s not endearing me towards them. I have been a big pusher of affinity to work colleagues and friends. But this kind of brush off just makes me feel less close to them. It’s simply just a transaction and we’re just a customer. They could be getting us excited and sharing a few things, but no! nothing!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Donloggins said:

It’s been almost 3 years since publisher for the iPad was announced as being worked on, please tell us when it will finally be released. 

I think your mind is playing tricks on you! Ash Henson Hewson announced during an event in the summer of 2019 (i.e. a little over two years ago) that APub for iPad would be released the following year, but then the coronavirus pandemic disrupted the timetable.

Edited by Alfred
Autocarrot fail!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

41 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I think your mind is playing tricks on you! Ash Henson announced during an event in the summer of 2019 (i.e. a little over two years ago) that APub for iPad would be released the following year, but then the coronavirus pandemic disrupted the timetable.

This is how I recall it as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I want iPad OS Publisher as much as anyone.

Until that great day happens, at least Designer has art boards and can therefore enable one significant piece of a page layout tool. 

my sense is that the programmers want to deliver iPad Publisher just as much as we want them to.

It’s hard to be patient because we want to have on iPad arguably the greatest creative workspace in all of computering: Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher. 

I have no doubt it will happen. 

• 2 weeks later...