You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Design Mac High Sierra Won't Save

First time posting, or looking for that matter, in the forums. Let me apologize in advance if I don't follow SOP or if I'm posting in the wrong location. Guidance will be appreciated. Since updating to 1.8.1, I am no longer able to save, or Save As. I get an error message reporting an internal error. It does show a saved file in finder, but crashes on opening and the file is Zero Bites. I have a file open that I have not been able to save and would really like to not start from scratch. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Clay Bob said:

First time posting, or looking for that matter, in the forums. Let me apologize in advance if I don't follow SOP or if I'm posting in the wrong location. Guidance will be appreciated. Since updating to 1.8.1, I am no longer able to save, or Save As. I get an error message reporting an internal error. It does show a saved file in finder, but crashes on opening and the file is Zero Bites. I have a file open that I have not been able to save and would really like to not start from scratch. Thanks in advance!

I am on High Sierra as well but I don't have problems with saving in 1.8.1 – (other problems, yes, but not saving) – could it be that you have disk problems – can you save it on to an external disk or USB stick? 

• Staff

Hi Clay Bob,

Did you start your document from an Architecture preset? There is a known issue that starting a document from one of these formats will cause the document to fail to save.

If that is the case then you can use the Snapshot Panel (View > Studios > Snapshot) to create a new snapshot, and then use the button side that Panel to create a new document from that snapshot. You should then be able to save.