You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

macro for resizing and save somewhere else

Hi

I am doing all my macros easily with photoshop but could not achieve the same with affinity
for web responsive design I want to :

- resize to w :4000px / h  auto -> save in folder   4000px

- resize to w :2500px / h  auto -> save in folder   2500px

- resize to w :1250px / h  auto -> save in folder   1250px

- close and not save modifications for the orignal photo

I even cannot try it because the button save as is not active

thanks for helping

You don't need a macro to do this, which is just as well because macros do not support save/save as/export functions. A batch job will do what you want.  Create your output filder, then select File > New Batch Job and enter your parameters like this:

2108192074_BatchProcess.png.2a19bce64ddef121a9ae44df148e321b.png

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

thank you but can you save and run later the batch  for  all the photos in a folder, I do that job very  often and I want to run this automaticly

and I dont find the way to generate 3 files from the original one and export them in 3 different folders , or rename them differently : file-1x.jpg,  file-2x.jpg,  file-3x.jpg, 

1 hour ago, erickb said:

and I dont find the way to generate 3 files from the original one and export them in 3 different folders , or rename them differently : file-1x.jpg,  file-2x.jpg,  file-3x.jpg, 

You can create all 3 sizes (4000px, 2500px,1250px) in the Export Persona and specify the folder for each (named 4000px, 2500px,1250px) and if you want them to have different file names you can do that also

Once set up you can then save your settings as an Export Persona Preset.

Then each time you want to do it just load the preset and export the slices all at once and into the right folders, which will be created automatically for you (if they don't exist already)

The above can not be done in a batch file for all photos in a folder so I would tend to do it when I complete each photo for a website (such as header.jpg, footer.jpg etc)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

'Save as' or 'export' are some of the most useful features of photoshop actions. I used to leave an action running over night an a folder full of eps files, when working on catalogs, come into the studio the next day and there's a new folder full of flattened tiffs with drop shadows on a yellow background ready to place - really useful - 

Hopefully we'll get this with Affinity macros in the future  

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

1 hour ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Hopefully we'll get this with Affinity macros in the future

Just had a play around with the batch job feature and it seems to work really well as you can assign macros and select format and destination and all that ACE!

Now if there was only something that worked like puppet warp or maybe a vastly improved version of the deform filter which we have already, then we'd be rockin' 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

On 3/4/2020 at 11:11 AM, John Rostron said:

You don't need a macro to do this, which is just as well because macros do not support save/save as/export functions. A batch job will do what you want.  Create your output filder, then select File > New Batch Job and enter your parameters like this:

2108192074_BatchProcess.png.2a19bce64ddef121a9ae44df148e321b.png

John

new batch job select, where is that ??

3 hours ago, fox22 said:

As I said in my message, File > New batch job

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

8 hours ago, fox22 said:

Which Affinity app are you using? Batch jobs (& macros) are a feature of Affinity Photo so if you are using Affinity Designer you won't have it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Everybody who makes pictures for websites needs several dimensions, it's a very basic task.
If Affinity Photo can't do it with a macro  in a simple way, it means Affinity is not a Professional tool.
I paid for nothing. 

5 hours ago, erickb said:

If Affinity Photo can't do it with a macro  in a simple way,

Have you checked the Export Persona? That's what provides the mechanism in Photo (and Designer) to let you export one document in several different sizes using one operation.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1