You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Save Files in Designer, Photo, and Publisher

I receive the following error message when tying to save files in Designer, Photo, and Publisher: "Failed to save document <untitled> | Save failed due to an internal error. This should be reported to the development team."

I've tried reinstalling each app but that hasn't made any difference.

Running latest versions of Affinity apps on Windows 10 Education 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Edited by mfucci

• Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Unable to save projects created with Architectural presets) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.1/1.8.2 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 weeks later...

I have same problem in Publisher. My last edited file was in Publisher 1.7.x, and when I updated to the 1.8.2.620, from that time my old version file is not possible to Save or Save As, I receive the same error  message. But, when I make a New empty file, I can save the new file (I saved in the same place too). So the issue is compatibility error in the 1.8.x with the old version file. I installed the Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.8.3.627 (Release Candidate), and same error in for me. At the moment I can't edit my file which is annoying.

PLS_error.png

On 3/31/2020 at 11:31 AM, Gabe said:

It seems to be caused by the file's history. Untick Save history with Document in the File menu and you should be tine. Issue logged with our developers

Thanks, this one worked, I saved the document.

Using Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.3.641 i Windows 10. I get a similar message (report it to the developers) when opening a document made previously, edit it (in this case a slight Curves adjustment) and try to save it under a new name. I can export the changes, but not save it. I also get the following message when attempting to save it:

1241750107_Saveerrormessage1.thumb.png.627e687cea641d263dbb014e51d7c6d1.png

In spite of the fact that AD reported the save under a different name failed, a file under the chosen name seems to be saved anyway in Explorer. When trying to open that I get this message:

475100322_Openerrormessage2.thumb.png.4cfd0ba4e41e3fe528857849bf8d759d.png

Home: https://vectorwhiz.com  : : : :  Portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com

On 3/31/2020 at 12:31 PM, Gabe said:

It seems to be caused by the file's history. Untick Save history with Document in the File menu and you should be tine. Issue logged with our developers

This did indeed allow me to save the file under a different name.

Home: https://vectorwhiz.com  : : : :  Portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com

46 minutes ago, VectorWhiz said:

Here's the document.

If you want it private (as indicated in your post 3 up from this one) you may want to edit your most recent post and delete the attachment, then use the upload link that Gabe provided.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I cannot save my work in Affinity Designer, it keeps saying internal error. I have tried creating a snapshot and creating a new document with it but the new document will not save either. I don't know how the document was originally set up - I edited a picture in Affinity Photo and then clicked edit in Designer but have since created further artboards. My Affinity Designer is version 1.8.3.641. Please can you help. Thanks