You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF printing problem

Hello,
sometimes I need to edit a PDF file and then print it. Everything worked right in Affinity Designer 1.7. But there is a problem in the new version 1.8 with printing PDF files. Affinity does not print some objects and some objects print in the wrong place. I attach the source PDF file in which the described error occurs. I also enclose the result of printing this file to Fineprint and also printing using Foxit Reader PDF Printer. It seems that the problem is only when printing, but when exporting from Affinity to PDF, PNG etc. everything is fine.

Libor

FinePrint.png

Foxit Reader PDF Printer.pdf Source PDF.pdf

Do objects also disappear? I have the problem that some objects are just not in the output PDFs anymore (but the objects are in PNGs etc). Maybe the PDF output has a problem since the update.

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

I have a similar problem. Lines created in ver 1.7 now do not export correctly. What I've discovered is the line is still there, but seems to only appear as a dot. I've attempted to change the size, colour, stroke weight, grouped it, ungrouped it, Deleted it from the document and re-pasted it, but it still does not export correctly. New lines created in 1.8 have to issues, and the line will export correctly in any other format, except any of the PDF presets.

test.afdesign test.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @LITH,

I don't believe the issue is on our end. I tried both and Foxit, and only Foxit was wrong. I believe the way they read the information is wrong. If you look at the small preview, in our Print Dialogue, you will see that all the objects are in the right place. Have you tried the built in Microsoft Print to PDF? More importantly, if you want a PDF from your document, why not Export as PDF instead of relying on 3rd party apps to print to pdf? 

@Dhampir

What Export settings did you use? I can't seem to replicate that here

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have similar problem with Affinity Designer 1.8 or higher. If I want print to pdf (Microsoft Print to pdf or PDF-Xchange) to A4;  Model: N-Up  it takes too long (1hour or longer or affinity freeze). With version 1.7.3 was it ok, no delay and pdf was ok. I want print business card 10x in A4.

I tried it with 2 pc (W10, i5, RAM 8/16GB).

Thank you for your help

Michal

@Michal84 Turn off the stroke for the three marked elements and it should print immediately. Why it takes so long when there is a stroke ... I have no idea. Perhaps computing this very very thin line is too complicated.

nutzen.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed