You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom pen right click doesn't work

Hello everybody.

I am not sure if this is a bug coming from Affinity Photo or Windows or if it is even a bug bu here is the deal:
I know you can alter the hardness and size of the brush by holding CTRL + ALT + right click and if I perform the shortcut everything works as it should.
However, if I want to perform the actions with my pen stylus instead nothing happens. I only get this annoying white ring as seen in the attached picture.

My pen  (Wacom Pro L) is set to perform right click and it works. Only Affinity Photo seems to not get the right click input from the stylus...
Can somebody please help me? It slows down my workflow so much it really gets me angry and frustrated. 

Is there a way to set the shortcut combination to something different? I tried to find it in the settings but the only thing I can find for brush size ist [ or ] and that does not help me.

Thank you in advance for your help! I am really looking forward to it.

Best,
Gomorrah 

CircleBug.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having similar issue also....with mouse as well as with pen.
With the mouse: I click Alt+right mouse button and I get a little double circle for hardness and width but I actually have to also click the left mouse button at the same time to get width or hardness to change

With Pen: I click Alt+right mouse button and I get a little double circle for hardness and width. Moving left/right/up/down does nothing and if I touch the pen tip to the tablet my computer gives off a bell tone and my double circle disappears and changes to a single circle. I have a "New Huion 1060 Plus" from 2016 so that might be the issue but I have updated to the latest driver that works with my tablet. I have absolutely no problem for zooming if I set a button to "z", I can touch the tablet and move back and forth to zoom in or out.
I only wish there was a way to reset the brush width/hardness key shortcut. And using the [ or ] makes such small incremental changes to brush size. Why would the "Alt+right button" be hard coded into the product while there are many others that users can change?

Kinda Frustrating.

1 minute ago, Dean Reardon said:

I am having similar issue also....with mouse as well as with pen.
With the mouse: I click Alt+right mouse button and I get a little double circle for hardness and width but I actually have to also click the left mouse button at the same time to get width or hardness to change

With Pen: I click Alt+right mouse button and I get a little double circle for hardness and width. Moving left/right/up/down does nothing and if I touch the pen tip to the tablet my computer gives off a bell tone and my double circle disappears and changes to a single circle. I have a "New Huion 1060 Plus" from 2016 so that might be the issue but I have updated to the latest driver that works with my tablet. I have absolutely no problem for zooming if I set a button to "z", I can touch the tablet and move back and forth to zoom in or out.
I only wish there was a way to reset the brush width/hardness key shortcut. And using the [ or ] makes such small incremental changes to brush size. Why would the "Alt+right button" be hard coded into the product while there are many others that users can change?

Kinda Frustrating.

Try to disable Windows Ink option in Affinity's preferences.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

If your having problems with resizing a brush, the attached screenshot is how I have my pen set. I press the bottom of the button then drag and can adjust the size.

wacompensetting.JPG

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Thanks for the tip Ron.

I was trying to smooth node with the 'Node Tool' which says Click+RightMouse to smooth node. It's a hit and miss (mostly misses) with the RightMuttons whenever i use the tablet. 

no other tablet user faces these rightmouse issues?

2 hours ago, drawup said:

Thanks for the tip Ron.

I was trying to smooth node with the 'Node Tool' which says Click+RightMouse to smooth node. It's a hit and miss (mostly misses) with the RightMuttons whenever i use the tablet. 

no other tablet user faces these rightmouse issues?

You're not alone. I can't get any of the "hints" found in the bottom Status bar, with my pen or a mouse. What I posted above was just for resizing.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

20 hours ago, Ron P. said:

You're not alone. I can't get any of the "hints" found in the bottom Status bar, with my pen or a mouse. What I posted above was just for resizing.

such a pity for Windows users, I can live with 'missing' features but these issues pertaining to functional issues are a real pain!