You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PNG-24 not included in my affinity designer

I work in T-shirt designing, when I export the design from Vector to PNG it became pixelized (too much) and when uploading the design in print on demand platform it became worse, through searching in the internet I found out that one of the solutions for this problem is to export to PNG 24, this will make it better.

In my affinity designer this option is not included, only PNG and PNG 8 dithered is there. 

why I don't have this in my affinity designer and how I can have this option?

what is the best setup to use for designing to make the exporting PNG better?

appreciate your support in this issue.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Abulail.

If you're document is RGB-8 and you have not elected to have a transparent background in your document setup, then an export as PNG will be PNG-24 automatically, I believe. 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Abulail,

Go to
File > Document Setup > Colour tab
There's a checkbox for Transparent Background. Make sure that's ticked. You should then see the checkerboard pattern in the background. If you export as PNG now it'll have the transparency.
As for the pixels, that will depnd on your resolution. A PNG is a raster format and so your design will be pixelated, however you can solve this issue by changing the DPI of the document (back in the dimensions tab of the same dialogue box), choosing 'Objects will: Rescale' to prevent them from changing size on the page. Note that you can type a DPI into the box as well as choosing a preset one if 400 DPI isn't high enough.
Use the pixel view mode (buttons along top of the window) to preview how pixellated your shape is going to be.

Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, Abulail said:

the background must be transparent since its a design for a t-shirt

If you have an RGB/8 document, with transparent background, then your PNG will be PNG-32, I believe. That should be better than PNG-24 for your purposes.

But the quality (e.g., pixellation or not) will depend on the DPI, as Dazzler mentioned)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1