You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.8.2.172] Masks turned into selection: wrong bounds

I believe something shady is going on with masks in latest beta. Look at screenshots. I have fully-white mask with black area carved in it, added to layer.
If you command-click on a mask (turning it into selection) you will get not the mask contours itself - but limited with the bounds of the parent layer! Which is definitely not needed/not useful.
And even if you release mask and make selection from it again - you still get some weird bounds (of the mask itself). In previous versions, mask selection was made from all the white area inside the mask - so mask selection was bounded with document size, not the layers inside it. Since mask is totally white, except black blob in it. such unrelated bounds just ruin mask selections //

* this bug is also present in [1.8.1.170]

Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 16.07.51.png

Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 16.10.34.png

Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 16.08.01.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi IPv6,
This is working exactly as in v1.7. Command-clicking the mask's thumbnail creates a selection with the same boundaries/size as the layer it's nested to. If that layer has the same size as the document (as it usually happens when you open an image) then it may look that the selection picked the whole document size. I do see how this may complicate things if the layer the mask is attached to is smaller than the document. I've logged this/passed the file to the dev team. Thanks for raising the issue.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.