You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If font family selecting? then Freezing...

If I choose the font family, the program freezes or the program speed slows down to an extent that is not available.
This has been a problem since the early version of Affinity Photo. Currently, 1.8 versions of Affinity photo, designer, and publisher all have the same problem.
Upload the relevant data as an attachment.

If you tell me the information you need to solve this problem, I'll keep you informed.

* Due to this screen stop, symptoms of not being able to use the program show the same result in my laptop.
(Model # : asus Zenbook UX333F )

I expected the problem to be solved when the version is up.
I'm very disappointed that it hasn't been solved yet.

I'm waiting for your help.

Thank you very much.

af-2.PNG

af-4.png

af-a.PNG

af-b.PNG

af-c.PNG

new-1.PNG

System_info.PNG

my_font.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Hobbyholic

The 1.8.1.610 beta builds of Designer and Photo for Windows have a potential fix for the font issues reported here.

Would any of you be able to install the beta and try it out and see whether it starts OK for you? Thanks for your patience.

and the Photo equivalent

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 6:35 AM, Patrick Connor said:

@Hobbyholic

The 1.8.1.610 beta builds of Designer and Photo for Windows have a potential fix for the font issues reported here.

Would any of you be able to install the beta and try it out and see whether it starts OK for you? Thanks for your patience.

and the Photo equivalent

Thank you for your kind guidance.

I tried the version you mentioned, but it shows the same results.

When I do work on the font, the program freezes.

I have purchased photos, designers, and publishers, but I have not been able to use them as a font problem, and I have continuously informed them of the problem, but it is not being solved.

I using Photoshop, Capture OnePro, Resolve, ACDSee Ultra.
To compare with the font problem of the Affinity product, I installed and tested ON1 Trial, Corel Paintshop Pro Trial, Luminar 4. However, nothing caused the font problem.

Also, other applications do not have font problems.

Only the 'Affinity application' is causing problems, and also, I'm  long-awaited remains unresolved.

I have been interested in since the early beta version of 'Affinity Photo'. I am satisfied with the photo editing with Affinity Photo, but I want to throw away program  when I need font processing.