You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid doesn't show up outside the artboards in 1.8.0.585

Hello! 
I've got a bug in the latest version of AD, which doesn't allow me to align artboards properly (like it was in previous versions). 
The grid, which should be displayed outside the artboards isn't showing up until I select any empty area outside the artboard. The gif file, attached to this message, shows how this happening.

It really bothers, when I have to align multiple artboards (when creating banners for google ads for example) to prevent another messy thing - appearing of the extra-pixels or half-pixels in exported banners (screenshot attached).

Need your help to get this problem solved!

affinity-grid-bug.gif

align-bug.png

• Staff

When you dragged the artboard out you could see that the transform's X and Y values showed it was on a half pixel. You can change these to whole pixels which will align it to the pixel grid. The other option is to make sure you have both 'Force Pixel Alignment' and 'Move by Whole Pixels' enabled next to the snapping toolbar button. This means that any object will be forced to align to pixels and will only ever move by whole pixels - this will stop your artboards being created on half pixels.