You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi.

I have this problem for a long time i always tought it  was me,but now i"ve downloaded 1,8,i see it's still there.

When I applied it and want to finish my work i merge visible it goes back as i didn't do anything,is that correct,I think it"s not.

regards.

charles

You do need to view the image at 100% to see the effect correctly.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

6 hours ago, chaleco45 said:

... but why it must be at 100 %?

It is hard to explain without going into a lot of technical details but basically it is because to display any 'live' effect (adjustment, filter, whatever) at 100% accurately at any zoom level, everything that affects must be re-rendered at that zoom level. That would take a ton of CPU/GPU resources during 'on-the-fly' zooming, which would mean smoothly zooming the display would tax all but the most powerful systems, which in turn would result in long delays on most systems before the display could be updated to show the document accurately & anything else could be done after zooming.

The Affinity apps use some novel "under the hood" techniques to avoid this delay & provide very high speed & very smooth zooming , but the tradeoff is not everything will be rendered on the display accurately at every zoom level.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7