You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.8.2.172] Blend Options of an object are wrongly being ignored in some situations involving Live Filters

AP beta 1.8.2.172

macOS 10.13.6

Blend Options are being ignored in the following situations which were not problematic in retail AP 1.7.3:

1. Blend Gamma and Underlying Composition Ranges of a vector object are ignored when a Live Filter is nested in the object or nested in a Pixel Mask that is nested in the object. (Source Layer Ranges is honoured, though.)

2. Blend Gamma, Source Layer Ranges and Underlying Composition Ranges of a Pixel object are ignored when a Live Filter is nested in the object or nested in a Pixel Mask that is nested in the object

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

blend_ranges_bug.thumb.png.0c61f881525ee1eb6fff98aba1931083.png

I also ran into this problem recently and thought I'd share a comparison screenshot to show the problem in action. In this case, the topmost pixel layer has Blend Options applied to get rid of the irregular background and only leave the black letters. As can be seen on the left, this does not work when a nested Live Filter Layer is active. The result is correct on the right because the nested layer is not visible. I've highlighted the difference with the green frames. In this case, it's a Bilateral Blur filter, but I can nest pretty much every Live Filter layer to reproduce the problem.

Of course, a workaround here is to put the Bilateral Blur filter on top of the layer stack (and then manually mask it to the desired area) or to apply the filter to a group containing (only) the top pixel layer. Depending on the contents of the layer stack, this is not always a solution though.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.