You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HUION Pen Pressure not working

03-01-20

Hey guys!

I have problems with the pen pressure, in photoshop I solved it with the PSUSerConfig file by setting the value to 0 but in Affinity Designer I could not solve it.

I use a Huion tablet and I have the Windows Ink option enabled but it doesn't work ...

I reinstalled drivers and affinity program but it still doesn't work, I tried in Krita and corel draw but in these programs I have no problems ...

03-02-20

Being in AD 1.8, I detected one thing, that when you close the Huion Tablet program the pen pressure is enabled but with problems handling the pen in the tablet, obviously when you close the Huion Tablet configuration program.

Therefore, I better returned to AD 1.7.3 in which the pressure has no problems.

Regards!

On 3/2/2020 at 5:44 PM, Rokzengr V said:
If I already enabled the windows ink options and I have also been checking other brush settings but it does not work in AD 1.8, I tried returning to AD 1.7.3 and everything works normally.

That's because version 1.7 doesn't require Windows Ink (it uses the legacy WinTab driver instead). Assuming you're on Windows 10...

On 3/2/2020 at 5:46 PM, Mark Ingram said:

That's because version 1.7 doesn't require Windows Ink (it uses the legacy WinTab driver instead). Assuming you're on Windows 10...

Ah OK!

Yes, I use windows 10
So, what would I have to do to make it work in AD 1.8?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AD team!

Currently I am still unable to get pen pressure working in affinity Designer 1.8.0, I contacted Huion support but they can't find a solution either.

I share some videos of what happens:

Huion 1.mp4 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KVhs5gm5q62oTf5ZvXybhxz9hViWE8Og/view?usp=sharing

In Huion 1.mp4 you will see that in the previous version of Affinity Designer 1.7.3 the pen pressure of the tablet works perfectly even without having the Windows Ink option enabled in the Huion Tablet program.

Huion 2.mp4 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkLiYCK4rmkkJBGDRZ2y2z3i3SureEDI/view?usp=sharing

In Huion 2.mp4 you will see that in the new version of Affinity Designer 1.8.0 pen pressure does not work even enabling the Windows Ink option in the Huion Tablet program and something I found is that when putting "force pressure" in Affinity Designer the only brush that half wants to work is the pencil, because it changes its shape as if the program will try to make the pen pressure work but without success, you can see it in the video.

Huion 3.mp4 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X6dyO1Flr28y-agn5-lSbxbGLF9crHiF/view?usp=sharing

and in in Huion 3.mp4 I did a test using the tablet without the Huion Tablet driver program, it happened that the pen pressure worked but obviously I cannot use the buttons on the tablet because the Huion Tablet drivers are not open and When I open the drivers the tablet is configured and the pen pressure stops working.

Regards.

May I ask what model of the Huion tablet are you using.  I will be loading the Huion Inspiroy Q11K Wireless Graphic Drawing Tablet with 8192 Pressure Sensitivity tablet today.

I hope it works with macOS Catalina and AP 1.8.1.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

On 3/13/2020 at 11:48 AM, Cecil said:

May I ask what model of the Huion tablet are you using.  I will be loading the Huion Inspiroy Q11K Wireless Graphic Drawing Tablet with 8192 Pressure Sensitivity tablet today.

I hope it works with macOS Catalina and AP 1.8.1.

Hi Cecil!

My Huion Tablet is a H1060P and the Drivers version is V14.8.90

Although I feel that the problem is Windows Ink either in the Huion drivers or in AD.

Regards.

56 minutes ago, Rokzengr V said:

Hi Cecil!

My Huion Tablet is a H1060P and the Drivers version is V14.8.90

Although I feel that the problem is Windows Ink either in the Huion drivers or in AD.

Regards.

Thank you.  My tablet arrived today and is working in macOS Catalina, I do need more testing,  I hope you can get yours working in Windows OS.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• Staff

Hi Rokzengr V,

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Huion tablet that I can try this with but we've added the ability for users to switch between Windows Ink and WinTab. If you go to Preferences > Tools and untick 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input' and then restart you will be using the WinTab drivers which is what 1.7.3 used - this should allow you to use pressure correctly.

Ohhh thank you so much!!!

I updated to AD 1.8.2 and it was fixed, in fact I didn't even have to disable the Windows Ink option ... I tried going back to AD 1.8.0 and the problem persists, it's a big mystery...

Thank you so much again!!!

2020-03-20.png

On 3/20/2020 at 10:49 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Rokzengr V,

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Huion tablet that I can try this with but we've added the ability for users to switch between Windows Ink and WinTab. If you go to Preferences > Tools and untick 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input' and then restart you will be using the WinTab drivers which is what 1.7.3 used - this should allow you to use pressure correctly.

Thanks this setting works for my Huion (NEW)1060 PLUS model!

Thanks a million!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Rokzengr V,

Great. That's the solution here too (with a Huion q11k v2) ! Thank you again

• 11 months later...
On 4/4/2021 at 12:56 AM, WalterW said:

I have the same issue with an HS160 tablet. But in Ver 1.9 there is no longer the option of disabling the Windows Ink that worked for other before.

I am on Windows 7. Any advise?

SOLVED: Answering my own question. I tested an older driver from Huion. First I uninstalled the latest driver and then dowloaded and installed driver v14.7.154.586.

Did enable WIndows Ink only and did not tick on mouse mode or game mode. At least on the first tests, I can see the pressure sensitivity now recognised in Affinity Designer.

I am on AD 1.9.2.1035 and Windows 7.

Posting in case it helps someone.