You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workflow with After Effects (CS6) ??

Hi all,

I have used AI to create characters and then animated them in AE CS6 but now I want to use AD. Has anyone else tried the AD->AE workflow and if so what is the best format to export from AD into AE? Svg? PS? EPS? 

Thanks

PS: Since the whole CC thing is annoying, has anyone tried to compete with AE (besides HitFilm)?

Yeah, Rui, in Germany Apple Motion is 44,99 €. I confused it with Apple MainStage 3, which is just as great and sells for 26,99 €.

But even though music and graphics are intertwined I don’t think this belongs in this forum …  :)

But we don’t know – maybe Affinity is already working on an Apple Watch version of a movie editor …

I actually have my Motion 5 certification. I used it for a while and although it is a nice app, AE can just do so much more. Motion does have a really great library of particle presets but unless that's all you do it's not that big of a deal. Trapcode Particular 2 (for AE) is so much more useful if you are going to do real particle effects. I know people say Motion can do the same as AE but in a lot fewer clicks, and this is true, but only for the most basic of things. After you get the hang of AE, Motion just isn't that useful. Then again, with CC, maybe Apple will keep improving Motion because its been a few years since it's last major release. It seems dead in development unfortunately.